For those of you who don’t know, SheReadsTruth.com is pure gold. I follow them on Instagram and I just ordered their Women in the Word book which you can purchase here.
I just want to give honor where honor is due and give them a woohoo! I admire what they do and I would highly recommend their daily devo going on right now.
Today’s devotion was on Leah. Click here to read it for yourself.
Here are the main points I got from it today:
Who hasn’t felt overlooked, unneeded or simply unloved?
- If you can’t relate..BLESS YOU. But I just cried myself to sleep last night. Out of the blue feelings of lost love, loneliness, etc creeped up on me. As a young person in church it can sometimes be really hard to be single. Speaking candidly I attend Hillsong church in NYC.
1. People in NYC are beautiful
2. People in Hillsong are beautiful
3. People in Hillsong NYC have jobs in modeling, acting, dancing, film production, writing, Corporate America, etc.
4. Hillsong in general has had a few years of crazy favor and influence in Hollywood and celebrity spheres.
Add these all together and you can often feel that you don’t measure up. I’ve personally felt insecure because of my own sinful comparison but also because it’s been spoken to me. This is in no way bashing my church at all. Church is church. I’ve experienced “discouragement”, “insults”, and “rejection” at all churches in my life. People are sinful, church is for sinners, so add the two together and we’re bound to make up for one dysfunctional “bride” of Christ. I’ve had male peers say my campus of church women isn’t as attractive as the one in Manhattan (I’ll pray for you sirs) and have walked into conversations where people are one-upping each other on social media followers. This is the young, foolish, generation we live in. So in a long-winded way—YES I have felt all of these things. Sometimes, the whammy of all three at the same time.
Her own father found her lacking
- YES. Enough said.
God sees her as so human sees her
- 1 Samuel 16:7
Her hunger for love and acceptance was met not by a man, but by the steadfast love of her Heavenly Father (Psalm 63:3)
Now go forth and read this truth!